Follow this dog shipping to do list for an easier travel experience:
- Hire a pet shipping expert that can walk you through every step of your dog’s move.
- Buy a crate, we can customize crates to fit your dog’s needs. Make sure it is the right fit by measuring your dog, don’t just guess.
- Crate train your dog. The more comfortable your dog is in his crate the more comfortable your dog will be during travel. If you need tips on crate training or would like personal help from our dog trainer please contact us.
- Microchip your dog. It is not only necessary for travel abroad, it is a great recovery tool in case your pet is ever lost. You will need to update your contact information for your dog’s new home.
- Get your dog’s vaccinations up to date.
- Get travel documents in order. Make sure to contact our pet shipping experts who can provide you with up to date requirements for your specific destination.
- Ensure you know rules, regulations and breed restrictions at your destination to avoid delays and possible problems.
- Book the most direct flights possible. You want your dog’s travel day to be as short as you can, lay overs can be tricky. A dog shipping expert can help you to ensure your dog gets on the flights they are supposed to and only on the most pet friendly airlines.
- Plan ahead to make sure ground transportation for your dog is set up at current location and at destination. Most public ground transportation don’t allow pet’s so hiring a door to door pet transportation service is always useful.
- Stay calm while packing and try to keep your dog’s routine as close to normal as possible to avoid extra stress.
Good luck with your move and safe travels for you and your dog. If you have any questions give us a call and we can help with the details of your dog move.
Visit us for more: www.airpetsinternational.com
Call us for more information: 866-738-7447
Email us: email@example.com